14 August 2007

Thankful heart, and laughter!

I know it is only Tuesday but I am thankful today! so here is my list of thankfulness.

I am thankful for :
-my children, who think I am old as dirt. :)
-my noble Knight, who provides and is my best friend.
-my home, so many homeless people in the world.
-the change in temperature (PA has had 103 temps with the worst humidity)
-my Bible that I can freely carry anywhere, and the hope it gives.
-the privilege to pray to God and that HE hears and answers.
-the privilege to attend church.
-my Pastor who has been a picture of Jesus to me.
-the Bible study women who think I need to continue to be thier leader.
-God's mercy that is new every morning(i always need a truck load)
-being able to have a new day.
-knowing HIM and having the blessing to know HIM more!
- Rhode Island tickets including a bus transportation so I don't even have to drive!
-new job to start in a couple weeks-the bus driving saga continues!
-pets who are a picture of what unconditional love must look like.
-Beth Moore studies, and looking forward to Esther.
-laughter, it really is good medicine for the soul!
-our new car that starts every time I get in it.
-my blog sisters, how very much they encourage and bless my heart(laughter again).
-for a new roof...let the rain begin
-my heart that is thankful this morning.

A little comic relief this morning. My little man (who I will have to stop calling that soon as he looks me in the eyes), has started football. I have nothing against football, I just have been lost in why he wanted to play. He is active and loves sports, but self discipline is not his strongest suit. As I watch him practice and hear him complain about his aches and pains, I just want to know why? Very seriously, he reminded me that he is getting older now(11), and well he heard his sisters talking and is convinced that "babes" love football players, and when he gets older he wants one! haha I did not laugh in front of him at that point. But then he continued...looking around the room..."I don't want my own Babe right now, when you get one you have to buy them all this stuff!" then I laughed! So in all his serious painful effort we are going to practice, and I can't help but wonder...Are the "babes" worth it? He is very sure they are! :) When he was younger, he asked if I had a dinosaur for a pet when I was a kid. hahaha I am 45 but I am not that old! Little boys are so different from little girls, and I don't have a preference, but God has shown me some awesome things through a little boys eyes! :) They really don't learn to be little boys in gym class, it is born in them! What a gift he is to me!

Have a good day in the Lord, and have a thankful heart, and don't forget to laugh! Laughter is a gift!

12 comments:

Leah Adams said...

Hi Princess,

I am thankful for wisdom, so freely given by God, yet something that we have to seek. As I have written about in The Point, the Holy Spirit has been prompting me to pray, literally beg, for wisdom and I find that He is giving it in large measure.

I am thankful for your heart for Christ and I am thankful that I "met" you. Thanks for the 'thankful' reminder.

Have a Royal day!!

Leah
www.thepoint-leah.blogspot.com

Darla said...

Leah I have prayed James 1:5..and have pondered how a pefect, Holy King would want to give wisdom to us, but HE does, and so I remember this verse each time I am in need of wisdom especially in making decisions...so I should have put that on my list! I am thankful for wisdom so freely given to us when we ask. Love ya, and Royal day back at ya!

ocean mommy said...

"I don't want my own Babe right now, when you get one you have to buy them all this stuff!"

Oh that is funny!!

I loved your thankful list. It was neat to see into your heart this morning. I'm thankful you shared it with us.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for once again sharing your heart you are a blessing! Have a royal day as well!

Tam said...

A thankful heart is a happy heart. A happy heart is a joyful heart. Joy brings laughter. Laughter is good medicine - it all does the body "of Christ" good!

Praise you God!

Laurie in Ca. said...

Hi Darla, A Thankful Heart and a good cup of coffee is such an excellent way to get the day started. I try to do this each day when I realize I woke up to face it. God is so good and I truly believe he gave us little boys to remind us that "Little Boys are all God has with which to make a Man". My sons are 36 years old and twins. There were so many of those moments around here. Now I get to watch my 2 yr. old grandson repeat the process, only with alot less stress! We truly can teach them how to understand and treat women to some degree. I am also thankful for the wisdom God has taught me through the hard knocks of life. I can honestly say I am thankful for each trial for the wisdom it has brought. Don't like the trials but love the wisdom!!! I am praying for your outreach and inreach and I know you are where you are meant to be. You are a blog blessing.
~*~Love and Blessings to you from California~*~
PS. Any word from our sweet Nichole? She is really heavy on my heart and in my prayers. I pray she would contact you if no one else.
Okay, Bye!

Deborah said...

Hi my darling dolla princess, thank you for my morning cup of laughter, my son agrees with your little man you would have to buy stuff and right now playstation games takes up all his money, thank you Jesus cant handle a babe in our home right now. lol Kirsty and I make enough babe vibes to last a life time. love you always me

lori said...

there is no better post...thankfulness and humor!! You are SO right, they are BORN boys and with 2 girls running around it is a welcome change...:) The best part is he still thinks I am a "babe!" only a few years left in that!!:) THANKFUL today that I still have some time:)HA!

Royal wishes...and Princess thoughts!

Sunshine said...

he he he - I love the "did you have a dinoasaur" question! They say the funniest things sometimes - this blessed my day - thanks for sharing - I am thankful for you and your blog! Sunshine

Shonda said...

Thanks for this humor! I have two boys and I always hear something funny also! What blessings!

jennyhope said...

loving your blog. I need to go make a list of praise and things I am thankful for now because I am really struggling. My two year old is in to EVERYTHING and I am constantly having to get on to her. It is wearing me out.

Faith said...

Love your thankful post, and what a darling story from your little man!


Princess L/Princess K

Princess L and her Knight