10 August 2007

Princess, walk in the Light

The King is aware that this Princess is afraid of the dark! After living in the dark kingdom most of my life with exception to the last 8-10 years, I absolutely love the Light! Last night, after much discussion with my son and daughter about what is about to begin in outreach, my husband just filled with the Spirit..I saw the enemy run, and watched God smile on us. Don't you love when you actually see it! My husband plays guitar, writes music and sings, and does it all well! HE is very gifted in this area. But lately he hasn't had much desire to play or sing, except for what he is already committed to, like praise band, his slot at the homeless shelter. But when he and God are on, he ministers to my heart through music. He rocked out a version last night of "In the Light", by Charlie Peacock/DC Talk. Decided it will be special music this week at church. The darkness was lifted!! Thank you Jesus!

Jesus said HE is the light of the world, and if HE is held up HE will gather all men to HIM self. In I Peter 2, we are reminded that we are holy nation that is a holy priesthood to spread the fragrance of knowing HIM. We have been delivered from darkness into HIS marvelous light!

The King reminded me gently nudging my heart that walking in the light is not only the best place to be, but to rejoice that we have been brought to it! I love when HIS joy is restored, and the excitement that comes with it. I was stuck yesterday that I need a prayer cover to do this outreach, and not sure if I would have it, and just paraniod about going with out it...HE is so awesome and sweet! Earlier in the week, HE brought to my attention the awesome Body of Christ that blogs with me, and how very beautiful you all are, and yesterday and this morning has again shown me your beauty, and how HE moves HIS hand and a prayer cover is formed! I can not express in words how that has touched my heart, and helped me to push past the enemy and his mouth. Thank you! (Tam, that comment that you thought the princess didn't approve...came in out of cyber space today:), and it was the most awesome encouragement, I can see why the enemy didn't want me to get that one!)

My heart has two songs this morning running through it...and I know that is from the KING, one is, "I want to be in the light as you are in the light, want to shine like the stars in the heavens..Oh Lord be my light and be my salvation, all I want is to be in the Light."
and the other, (God knows I do not like many hymns..and lately HE gives me one..God's humor)
"Freely, Freely you have recieved, Freely freely give. Go in my name and because you believe others will know that I live"

What an awesome God we have! We are truly blessed, and HE really truly does provide what I need, even my prayer cover! I am so thrilled by that...my license plate on the front of my car says 'Got Prayer? (it does a soul good)'
Have a great day Princess, I am praying for YOU!

9 comments:

mandy said...

thanks for visiting my blog today...
and i'm loving your "princess" take on things!
great perspective. great words.
blessings
mandy

Unknown said...

Whats up Princess? I totally love the Charlie Peacock sonf In The Light! It is one of my fav's from my youth group days!
I just want to say how much I enjoy your blog. Thank you for always bringing an encouraging word!
Also, thanks for the add on Facebook...how in the world did you find me?

Gods Gal said...

Ahhhh, that first song you mentioned....all I want is to be in the Light.....I could imagine you kinda humming it as you wrote it the same way I did when I read it....LOL
You are such a blessing, I pray for a new song in your husbands heart today!!!' Deb

Profbaugh said...

Woo hoo!! Just read your blog and I'm just sitting here praising the LORD. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your blog. . .

from one geek to another,
Princess Cheryl

Faith said...

Oh I do love that song! And I am now inspired to pick up my guitar again--my brother and I used to play and sing that song together. Thanking God for providing a prayer covering for you! I'll look forward to reading what He does over the coming days and weeks!

God's girl said...

Princess Darla!
God is all over this! I am so encouraged to hear it all. Your husband is truly gifted and I cannot wait to see all God will be doing with that!
Much love,
Angela

Kathy said...

Darla, thanks for sharing! You focus on encouragement and joy. And I'm praying for you, too.

lori said...

don't you just LOVE when HE puts those songs in your heart or on the radio? The other day, on the way to a dr. appt. HE did just that...Blessed Assurance by Third Day...I KNEW it was from HIM and the enemy left out the driver side window!!
Princess you inspire!!
peace tonight...lori

Tam said...

The light will dispell the darkness! God is light and love! Isn't it good to know Him, to love Him and to be loved by Him?

I think that is awesome that the "lost" message was found! For whatever it was worth...It shows that God is in ALL things!

You're doing a good work Princess! Keep it up!


Princess L/Princess K

Princess L and her Knight