17 August 2007

Princess, Be Real!

Lately it seems that a time of sitting at HIS feet has become more and more a necessity. The last few days I really needed to draw closer to HIM. Have you ever visited FriendlyChristian.com? For me I have to visit it in moderation as it has the same affect on me as "argueing with a Pharisee". My faith started to shake. So internet was shut down, and moderating comments from email was all I allowed myself. The site is very good, and the guy conducting the dscussions I believe is on the right track, and is need of our prayers on a daily basis.

What happened to the "church" in Acts? Where did the thinking and passion go? Why are we so stuck in routine and schedules?? I remember once the bulletin for church could not be printed, and it caused so much of a problem for some people...got very ugly! And don't even go there if the service is running past the designated time of 11:30am! Well dinner will burn...all about food, or the race is starting and as an avid fan leaving church is acceptable! None of this is happening at the church I am active in, but it has happened at another church I attended. After visiting Friendly Christian, I had to look at what people think of us as Christians. None of which I had not heard before, but something about global entries, and hearing the same view from so many, rocked my boat!

I know all the right answers-spiritually, and I get it! truly, my hang up is how and when will we as a body (not individuals) get it! The great commission is not for some and for others write a check. I cannot find one verse that says go ahead and write a check and then go home and stay in your complacency and all is good. I am aware that some of what they see is the enemy and the blinders he has on them, but alot of it is truth about the Bride. Honestly, I fear for her. We have been so blessed, and we take our KING for granted, and just think we can continue to ask for anything and do nothing the way HE has laid it out. If it did not work for Israel in the Old testament , why would it work for us! We have so many idols, and although they don't sit on a shelf, they live in our hearts. And the worst part to me is non-believers are watching us as we disregard what our King has said, and we think we are smart enough to debate HIM!

I have had some serious Holy Fear! How much will HE take of our disobedience, when will we wake up as HIS body and take our place, serve where HE sends us, and go face down before our Creator. There truly is none like HIM and none more powerful. I love the whole love aspect of my God as much as anyone. But there are so many other characteristics in HIM, and HE truly can multitask! HE is all of HIS characteristics at once. My head can't even grasp that!

We as a body are making a statement to the world but not the one we are supposed to. They see us as frauds, a money making business, and an elite club.

Princess lets start with us...let's be real ! Let's start today to commit to being what HE wants us to be, and walking in HIS shadow. Disregarding all things that would come between HIM and ourselves. Let's love each other, and help those who have fallen-not shoot them. Let's be real! This is a difficult road at times, and we need eachother to keep going on it. Let's lay down our idols, and worship the only one worthy of it. Or as any good father would do when rebellion sets in...HE is going to reprimand us, and leave us on our own to our own thinking. And yes HE will, it is all through the Bible (OT) rebellion required a time of bondage...(NT) the church is warned..HE will take away our lampstand....Read the first few chapters of Revelation and remember it is a letter to the churches...we are one...which one do we fall into??? Reality check for me.

Love you and I know we have so much more to live for, and so much more to do, and so much more to know and love about HIM. Have a great day in the LORD, BE REAL!!

8 comments:

Tam said...

AMEN! Darla, I echo everything you said here! I've been following Bill at FC back when he was still at his other blog - even then he had the same overtone about him. He is very real and concerned with Christians today.

When i read comments at FC I get so embarrassed as a believer. Ashamed. I feel guilty. Angry! Not at the Atheist, but me and the "body of Christ". We are failing right now and it is scary.

We need to take stock of who we are and who we are not and embrace who GOD IS! What it is He is requiring of us and live it like we believe it...in reverence of our Mighty and Powerful God! Is it too much, really, to ask from our SAVIOR...

Aaaahhhh---have a great Anniversary Darla!!! Yes, great minds DO think alike! We start painting today. Have fun!

Love to you princess!

Gods Gal said...

Hi Sweet Princedss, I haven't been home this week, the Lord put some ministry opportunities in my lap so I've been away..Access to computers is limited so just dropping a note to ya! Haven't heard the CD yet, I'm sure it's wonderful, I have an awesome BLT for today when I get home...Get your Bibles out! I'll be online later, loves to you! Princess Deborah

Gods Gal said...

My Dear Princess friend....it never ceases to amaze me how the Lord puts so many at the same place at the same time....Think He's trying to get something through??? I love Acts, I believe and recieve that the promises God gave then, He gives now, the miracles of then are the miracles of now....the more I turn off the TV, get in His word, pray until HE'S done having me pray, listen until He is done speaking, the more I get it....The church today should be a church of Acts. it's time folks to stop side stepping issues, worrying about offending someone....you just might "not offend" them right to Hell. I watched a short film this week, that over 220,000 kids have gone to a utube on the internet and stated openly that they blaspheme the Holy Spirit, simply to defy the only commandment in the bible that says they will go to hell for....I admire FC, he seems to have a knack for athiests, but I was rocked to the core at first, then my backbone came back and I Ephesianed 6'ed myself. Our battle is not against people, but spiritual, we need to learn to do the battle in the spiritual....ok, I'm done with my rant now LOL sorry, but God will not tolerate lukewarm, we have to get our Holy Spirit Fire up!!!! I got your CD!!!YAY!!! Awesome artwork, I'm going to go bubble bath now and listen...loves princess....you are precious!

Sunshine said...

WOW - I was up late last night with one of my little ones and as I was sitting here rocking back in forth in my chair trying to coax her back to sleep I visited Ruth Graham's site - I was stirred deep within me to fall at His feet, seek Him, drink deeply of His Word...this post is such a confirmation of His calling - He is calling us and we have been passive and apathetic too long - He is stirring and preparing His bride! Thank you for the truth you post here - thank you that you are honest and that you are encouraging us to seek Him with all that is within us!

Sunshine

ocean mommy said...

Preach one sista!

I often wonder what would happen if we were just real before God and each other! Just take off the mask and be genuine. I bet that we would be a more a more effective witness to the those who don't know HIM! We're saved and forgiven, not perfect!

Faith said...

Thanks so much for telling me about this site; hadn't heard of it before. I like it a lot! And thanks for your encouragement to be real. I almost started a blog post a few minutes ago and stopped because I was thinking, "What will people think?" Your words have challenged me to pray about whether maybe I should post it after all ...

Leah Adams said...

I am with you, girlfriend!! I believe that we must make a concerted effort to be real in this world. It needs so desperately to see the love of Christ in action and we are the only ones who can do that. We must be PASSIONATE about Him.!!
Love ya in Him,

Leah
www.thepoint-leah.blogspot.com

lori said...

Darla...We are focusing our am bible study on ACTS and I asked the kids this morning the SAME question..where has the passion of the early church gone?? So many are stuck!! Had the early church become STUCK, we would not have the privlidge of being Christians! We ARE the BODY of Christ and like the Casting Crowns says, we need to dust off those swords...and what if the "church" for heaven's sake would finally step up to the plate...Ah yes!! It's up to US, we are the BODY!!!:) Great Post!!


Princess L/Princess K

Princess L and her Knight