06 August 2007

Princess, don't forget me

The world pulls and it steals little pieces of our heart, and inflicts hurt on us and then gives us a false sense of healing. Eventually we are duped into thinking that we are still on the road, but have forgotten that the King has not left us, and we are not battling alone. Sometimes the battle is not ours, and we are only to draw close to HIM as HE parts our Jordan rivers, and takes down our enemies. It is hard to do if we have forgotten HIM, and the role HE plays in our lives.

Once I got up very early, still dark out, with excitement because I planned to drive to the river to the overlook and catch the sunrise and do my quiet time there. I was excited because I knew from past experience that if I will just go out of my way to meet with the Lord, HE always shows up. The clouds rolled in, and there would be no visible sunrise this particular morning. Needless to say, I was bummin'. As I sat there I was praying for a break in the clouds and thinking I will just wait on HIM. HE never fails, and HE knows that I am here, and HE knows that just like the woman who touched HIS hem, I just want to touch HIM. Hours escaped me and I was packing up to leave, and I felt HIM touch me (not physically). I looked back at the sky, and there was the smallest ray of sunshine shooting through the clouds, and making a small beam of light on the river. HE spoke to my heart..."the sun is behind the clouds, but it is still there. If you watch long enough, you will see small rays of sunshine peak through. Do you believe that?" Of course I do. "then believe that sometimes you will not see me, but I am always there, and if you wait and watch for me, I will give you encourgement and show you little things that will delight your soul."

Shortly after that morning, I stepped into probably my darkest time. At wonderful time of healing, but I had no idea that would be the outcome. I remember as I was walking through my own spiritual wilderness...holding on to the truth that HE is here, HE is always here, I just can't see HIM. I focused on my Bible and knew ,with out a doubt, HE is here on all these pages. HE wrote this incredible love letter to me.

An eagle flew over me, and seemed to be showing off on the river, and I watched it for a long time, admired how it could just soar for long lengths of time without moving its wings. I thanked the Lord for showing me the Eagle. I stepped out of my darkness, and back into the light of HIS awesome fellowship. Remembering this:

No matter how dark it gets, no matter how the enemy tries to shove me back into the stronghold of fear, HE is always with me. When I can't think and things become clouded in my mind, run to my love letter from the KING, and in HIS perfect timing I will rise up on wings like eagles. Don't forget HIM, HE hasn't forgotten me.

Princess, HE is with you, and you also have HIS love letter written to you...rise up on wings like eagles..soar in HIS love!

10 comments:

God's girl said...

THis is very encouraging! He is always there no matter what it may look like! God is so good.
Much love,
Angela

Little Steps Of Faith said...

That was absolutely beautiful.
I love how you always start with " Princess." :)

Kathy said...

I love that image of the sun behind the cloud, just like God is always there. Thanks for sharing your journey and the victory. God never fails us!

Darla said...

I love how GOD knows everything even the smallest detail about me..I am a visual learner..and HE always gives me visuals to help me come closer to HIM. I just love HIM so much!

ocean mommy said...

God is so faithful. I love the behind the clouds image too. Very timely in my life. Thanks for sharing.

Leah Adams said...

Because God is ever the romantic, I believe that He longs for us to seek Him out. Have you read 'The Sacred Romance' by Curtis and Eldredge? It really gave me a whole new perspective on God's longing for a relationship with us and how He pursues us.

You have inspired me and reminded me to look for God in places that I normally might not. Thank you, Princess!!

Leah
www.thepoint-leah.blogspot.com

Little Steps Of Faith said...

I just had to comment again.

Oh girl, those words just SPEAK volumes to me right now...

Blog Sabatical for a few days...

Pray...

Be Blessed:)

Ang

Tam said...

Beautiful imagery...on the canvas of Gods creation! How awesome! He is so creative and speaks to us in so many different ways and forms. And we hear and see Him when we're willing to listen and look. And you were friend! Thanks for sharing this intimate moment between you and our Savior with us...

Deborah said...

Darla dear friend are you on facebook?

twinkle said...

Did you notice the moon this morning was a "smile" in the darkness before dawn?
God does speak to us through His creation. I looked upon a field of wheat and noticed some of the sheaves were way taller than the others. What did that say to me?
The taller sheaves are those closest to their Creator. They are fewer in number than the masses. They are also more sensitive to what's going on. They lead out. If the wind blows through they are the first to feel the wind!
My princess siesta, you are one of the few sheaves reaching up high to your Creator. You sense things before others because of your reaching up to Him. His Eye is on you and He will send His Spirit to surround you and direct you. God bless you and your ministry.


Princess L/Princess K

Princess L and her Knight