07 August 2007

Princess, love the body of Christ

I can hardly believe that I am about to write this, as I am a novice in this area. I have gone through some rough times, and my testimony is deliverance from a world that has no respect for God, and knowing full well that only God could deliver me from where I have been. My heart is strong in outreach, I know first hand how lost this world is, and how very much people need to know that there is hope. Sometimes I get overwhelmed in the need for more people to come out and help, because the fields are white with harvest but the workers are few. There is not much in the line of discipleship for new believers who require a hand to hold as they walk closer to Jesus. Do you know that the toughest worldly people when they come to a realization of a Real GOD, as scared to death of the changes that happen so quickly in thier thinking? Do you know that they hurt the same as all of us? Do you know that the blood of Jesus covers even the worst criminal? That is the power of the blood of Jesus, still running strong today, still changing hearts, and still walking through the streets touching the spiritually blind and making them see. hallejah Jesus!

So as you can see that is my heart, and I have asked the Lord several times in the past few years, "Why don't you just come back?, get me out of here!" HIS answer has been the same every time..."my bride is not ready", "love the body of Christ". I have to be honest in my answer to HIM...Your body is not nice, she is very critical, and judgemental, and she seems to pick and choose scriptures that work with whatever she is doing and disregard the rest. She is not welcoming to a stranger that is tattered, or smells bad. She does not want unchurched children climbing on the pews, and she does not have patience for their loud voices. My eyes have been opened to what HE has been telling me...she truly is not ready, and I have to love them the same as I do the lost. They may very well be lost too.

Praise is going up this morning for all that HE is showing me...

Thanking God for you my blog sisters, sistas, siestas, diva dollas, Princess', I have seen another heart of the body of Christ, and each one of you are totally beautiful, and a piece of HIS heart shown to me. You have all encouraged me greatly and blessed my heart. I have seen a true picture of Christ in these blog entries, and I thank HIM for leading me here, and for giving me you. I have longed for my sisters in Christ, to just get to know one...and HE sent many. HE always knows just how to touch my heart, and HE always gives me what I need to take the next step in following HIM. I love how you all are honest, and transparent, and love Jesus. I love how we all fall down and get back up, and lean on the Grace of God for whatever today brings. I do see Jesus bringing something good from the internet.

This morning as I pray to love the body of Christ, HE gave me picture of you all in my mind, and told me "you are doing it...this is my body" . Thank you Jesus!

Now I need to pray to love the ones who sit in churches, and are giving the body a bad rep. Well always a time of learning, and that willnot end til I meet HIM face to face. But how I am looking forward to that day. I want to hear HIM say, "Well done, my good and faithful servant".

Be encouraged in the Lord today, Princess you shine, and there is nothing more beautiful on this earth that seeing you all shine together!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Amen Darla. A-MEN!

Leah Adams said...

What a great post!! I am so into encouraging unity in the body of Christ. I get so weary of all the denominational mess that we get into sometimes. Jesus was not Baptist or Methodist or Presbyterian. He was Christ and we are to be Christians first. Oops, sorry, got on my soapbox.

I, too, need to pray to love the body of Christ like Christ loves the body. Thanks for the reminder, Princess.

God's girl said...

Darla,
That is indeed a challenge! God has told me the same thing too. I realize I am incapable of love without Him. This is an encouraging post and I am thankful for you! You shine girl!
Much love,
Angela

Sunshine said...

Huge!!!!!!!!!! This is huge. WOW. Thank you for this post. Sunshine

Faith said...

I struggle with that at times, too, but God has challenged me with the same thing. Thanks for sharing!

Shelly said...

I hopped over here from some other siestas blog (Lost in the midst of clicking now).

But I love your blog :) Nice to 'blog' meet you.

And your heart is beautiful and challenged mine to make sure I am intentional in my desire to love the Body all the more. Thank you!

Gods Gal said...

His mercies are new every morning and I'm glad yours are too..LOL Thank you! I loved this, I am an overcomer in Christ as well, and thankfully past the guilt and self-inflicted chastising that comes from being in the pit for so long. Everything has purpose now, and I am able to relate to people, women in particular and not judge because of the circumstance they find themselves in. Praise Him! Love you! Deborah =)

Tam said...

I have grown to love and adore my blogging sisters! But I have found that sometimes it is harder to love those in the "church" (as in attenders of the building you go to church at) than it is to love those in the "world" (outside our little bubbles) Isn't that sad?

Mayhem And Miracles said...

Wow! Just found your blog through Hope and Grace for Sunny Days. I just wanted you to know how much this post excited me - to have you word so eloquently many of my own thoughts. I've attended a church like that...full of right preaching, but wrong modeling. It's heartbreaking. Glad to have found you.


Princess L/Princess K

Princess L and her Knight