03 August 2007

Princess, I AM

Have you ever woke up from the battle and known that it is over for the moment due to the song the King has laid on your heart? My battles have been huge lately, and I know it is because of the road I am on..seeking HIS face and not only HIS hand. Learning to love HIM with all my heart, soul, mind and strength. I challenge you if you have never prayed for HIM to give you a heart that loves HIM with all your heart, soul, mind and strength...Do it! But then hold on for the ride of your life! I have not been bored since taking this journey.

This morning I woke up knowing that I have had a rough couple of days, and anticipating another. I prayed, "I am not even starting this day if you are not coming with me", I felt HIM speak to my heart, "I am". As I begun to wake up more fully, HE placed on my heart, like only HE can do, a song that I have loved for many years, and somehow have forgotten. Intense encouragement from the Father. soon I was singing, and praising my King, and the rest just fell away. The song is from Nicole Nordeman, Woven and Spun. "I Am"....you really must listen to the song..I think its title may be Woven and Spun.

As a child I remember hearing for the first time the scripture being read "God said I AM"....Remember asking my mom...I am What??? What??...my mother was very annoyed with me. :) But I was honestly asking a serious question from a childs heart. Through the years HE has shown me what HE truly means by "I AM". How could I ever forget the awesome power of that name? As I study through the hebrew names given and reserved for the King, I ask HIM "will you be this for me", and HE always answers, "I AM". I think every verse in the song, speaks to a womans heart, in whatever stage of life she is presently in. Last night, I was pondering on what my sister, Princess Ang, at Little steps of Faith had written..."Who do you say that I am?" This morning I can answer simply.."I AM"!

Here is a line from the song that is taking over my mind this morning..."when I am weak, unable to speak, still I can call you by name..Creator, Savior, my Redeemer, Lord and King, beginning and the end..and HE says I AM."

Princess, whatever voids you are feeling today, what ever empty places are stirring in you, HE is the very thing you long for, and the very exact thing you need...healer, best friend, mighty warrior, lover, provider, ... I think you get point. Praise you Lord! YOU are our "I AM". Princess to Princess ( HE is a great dancer as well!)

10 comments:

ocean mommy said...

YES! is IS! Sometimes I feel like I have to throw my arms around HIS waist and hang on for dear life! HE is a wild ride, one I don't ever want to stop!

Nicole Nordeman's song is awesome. You've got me itchin to listen to it!

Have a wonderful weekend, love steph.

Tam said...

Hi Darla - found your blog from LSOF's blog. I have a sister named Darla! I haven't met many - very pretty name!

I, too, love that our Father is I AM! HE is everything. HE is in everything. HE just IS! Some things I can't wrap my head around - but I do know my I AM wants to be my everything! HE is a good God isn't HE?!!!

Little Steps Of Faith said...

I LOVE that song:) What am I saying, I LOVE all Nichole Nordemans songs:)
My fav: Healed, Every Season, Help me Believe, Even then, Finally Free...as I said ALL of them:)

It's great when God brings questions to our heart Princess isn't it. He wanted to show you then, that He was and will always be the great I AM:)

Angie

Darla said...

Ang, you are so right! I am so human sometimes (ha most times) that i tend to forget what is most important..HE is my great I AM!

Tam, love your blog too, and as soon as I get a chance i will be over to visit and leave something on your page!

Kathy said...

Darla, I finally found your blog and I'm very glad. You're doing a wonderful work here and I appreciate your openness. Great comments about our wild ride with our King of kings - the great I AM with no beginning or end. Thanks!

lori said...

He said "I AM" and "HE IS!!" I love to listen to music to comfort me in times of despair, sadness, joy...(as you can tell from the title of my blog, Third Day, is my music of choice...most days:)but, I LOVE so many! I believe so many times its HIM speaking in a way HE knows we will hear!

Isn't is wonderful knowing that HE meets you in the morning?
I love reading what you write..its real princess!!

jennyhope said...

hey Darla this is so good and I am so with you! He wants us to love Him and He honors that prayer. I was praying last night that He would continue to give me an undivided heart that fears His name. I love all things N Nordeman!

Unknown said...

Princess, that wasn't a crazy question to ask your Mom when you asked "AM WHAT?" I love that! I love it when my daughter asks me things like that because I get excited sharing information I know to her about our KING. Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. I will miss not keeping up with every one while I'm away but will try and catch up when I return. I love Nicole Nordeman and that song is the best!

Deborah said...

AAmen to that my darling Princess dolla, Praying for you my dear one. love you always. love me

Darla said...

Donna, I think my mom was annoyed at that time in her life because she didn't know the answer to that question...but she can answer it now :)!


Princess L/Princess K

Princess L and her Knight