21 July 2007

Princess, it's time to rest!

“Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. “Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. “For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30 (NASB)

Service to the King can at times become overwhelming, and that is my own fault. Sometimes I just don't take the time to re-evaluate my situations, and ask HIM to carry it. I almost always come to this point in my everyday life that I wonder why this is too heavy when Jesus said it was light? Jesus did not lie, and there is not special trick to understanding what HE said. So the only other explaination I can come to is -- I have not come to HIM with the burden, or I would have the rest I need, somewhere along the road I travel I have picked up a different yoke! So I question myself:
1. Am I still learning from Jesus? or has someone or something taken over my thought process?
2. Am I showing signs of becoming more like HIM in the sense of being gentle and humble of heart??
3. Am I doing good things, but maybe not called to it??
4. Is Jesus still on the throne in my life??
5. Is there peace in my soul, and is there rest?

Along with a lot of other women, repentance is in order for not saying "no" to good things. God created us in HIS image but by no means are we God. Then there is also the spiritual battles that totally wear us down. We do need to rest, and focus on the LORD, and how very awesome HE is.

Father God, you know this princess' heart and you know that I want to be exactly where you are, joining you in YOUR work. Help me to walk closely to you and to make no decisions on my own. YOU alone know what is best for me. Thank you for calling us away to be with you, to sit at your feet, to hear your voice, and to admire your creation. Only YOU can pull that together, and you are so good to us. Thank you for providing vacation, and for allowing all my children to be there. I believe with all my heart this will be the best vacation, and you are working in each of our hearts. Anxiously waiting to rest and be with YOU! your Princess

Princess Siestas, Dollas, Don't carry anything that Jesus doesn't give to you, it will be just heavy, and your KING doesn't want that for you. Pick up a copy of "Come Away my Beloved", and fall in love with your Creator..HE is everything we want, and we need, and then HE always goes beyond that to just thrilling our souls!

8 comments:

ocean mommy said...

Beautiful post. Thank you for that reminder, it blessed me!

Have a wonderful weekend,
stephanie

God's girl said...

Love that book-Come away my beloved! Have a great rest! I always need to be reminded of that! Praying for you!
Much love,
Ang

Faith said...

Good food for thought! Thanks, darling.

Leah Adams said...

Well Princess Darla, you certainly nailed it. How often do I try to carry a burden or be a 'superwoman' when it was never intended for me to even try!! I find it difficult to say to the "good things" in order to be able to focus on the "best things". Thank you for reminding me that Jesus is more than capable of shouldering the load and that it is ok to just rest sometimes.

Thanks for visiting my blog and posting your comment. The Lord used your comment to encourage me. Have a great week, Princess!!

Leah
www.thepoint-leah.blogspot.com

sammie said...

Princess Darla, you write beautifully! Thank you so much for the effort in the post I needed it.

thouartloosed said...

I pray that the Lord will bless your vacation time with your family. I enjoyed your post-need to be reminded often to cast my burdens on Him.
Kathy

God's girl said...

BTW-LOVE the new layout!

Kate said...

Don't carry anything that Jesus doesn't give to you, it will be just heavy, and your KING doesn't want that for you.

These are wise words. Too often I walk around carrying the weight of the world on my shoulders. But as you remind me here, that's not my job.

Kate


Princess L/Princess K

Princess L and her Knight