07 July 2007

King or Genie?

It seems that we (and I include myself) forget that our God is righteous, Holy, pure, and loving. Dressed in Majesty, ruling not only the earth but the Heavens as well. We definitely have down the power that HE has, but seem to see HIM as a genie. How HIS heart must break when HE sees us totally blowing HIM off, and then asking HIM for miracles. As I pray to see things through HIS eyes, I am forced to look at my life first.

How would we respond to someone who only ever shows up to ask for money, or for us to help them out of rough spots? Knowing that the person will not even as much as talk to us otherwise? We would not respond well, we might even disregard that person. God doesn't do that, HE continues to sit beside us and wait for us to acknowledge HIM. I believe that HIS heart breaks that we forget HIM so quickly in our lives, and that we compromise our relationship with HIM for momentary pleasures of this world. As my reading is in Isaiah this week, the picture of my culture is on the pages...this is not ancient history, we are repeating it. If we were exiles like Daniel, or the others, which kind would we be. Would we be angry with the Lord for not sparing us when we thought we were believing, and deserving of life without suffering, or would we be more like Daniel and believe that we must continue to walk in HIS light, and bow hearts and bodies to our KING, believing we are exactly where HE wants us to be for HIS glory? I am praying that I would be more like Daniel...remembering that if God allows pain and suffering to come to me, HE will be glorified in it, and therefore I am blessed!

While looking over my past recently, I am so very thrilled at the picture of Love that Jesus has shown me! Not only did HE love me through it all, HE takes the bad and makes it good! Amazing how HIS heart just doesn't change. I saw a sign outside of a church recently that really spoke to me..."If you are feeling that God is far away, guess who moved?" God is good all the time, and HE never moves! Unshakeable!

So as we move into the weekend with all the pleasures this world offers, my goal is to just remember that HE is here, and not to be rude...talk to HIM, include HIM, and not entertain things that would cause HIM to sit outside to wait for me. HE is not a genie, HE is my KING, my best Friend, my Creator, and HE chooses to be with us.

Father forgive us for our ungrateful hearts, and change our hearts. Make us more like you, give us more of you and less of us. Help our unbelief, and remind us through the day of who we are in you, and who you are to us. Please don't let this world desensitize us. Give us great hunger for your Word. How rude we have been when haven't talk to you, and yet ask for so many things. We don't deserve You, You freely give yourself. I am honored that you call me child, and have given me a new name...Please help us to be aware of the snares that are around us and to stay on the path that you have laid out for us...we want to stay in your shadow...the only shadow that provides Light! Love you love you love you, your princess

3 comments:

God's girl said...

I just love your posts. God is holy and so many times we forget that. I feel we have lost healthy fear of the Lord in our day and age. He does love us anyway and that I cannot wrap my mind around as hard as I try. He is so awesome and we are His princesses! How glorious and magnificent is that?
You encourage me. Thanks!
Much love,
Angela

ocean mommy said...

Awesome post. God used this to motivate me today to go to His word. I'm very disciplined during the week, but come Saturday morning everything seems to fly at me and I do not make the time I do during the week. So thank you!!

God's girl said...

Hey you have been tagged! Come on over to my blog to check out the details!
Much love,
Angela :)


Princess L/Princess K

Princess L and her Knight