14 July 2007

Letter to my KING

My KING, my secret keeper, my strength, and my refuge,

How I bow to your Holiness, You hold everything in your hand and still know the smallest detail of each and every one. Your majesty and beauty are breath taking, and there is none like you.
Forgive me for being overwhelmed and taking my eyes off you, and being so slow in remembering why I am sinking in this sea of life. your word says that as we confess our sin to you, you are faithful and just to forgive us our sin. Thankyou.

Today will be filled with more than I can do and I know that your strength again is my hope. I can do all things through you, and when I get tired and frustrated, you pick me up and help me to soar on wings like eagles. So again I give you this day, and pray to remember that you are in control of all things, and you have not forgotten not even one of your children. You know the plan you have for me. Thank you for your faithfulness.

Father I am burdened for the lost, and I know that all will not accept you, and allow you to right the wrongs in thier lives. But how that must break your heart when you continue to show yourself to them and they reject you, how you continue to throw them life boats, and they choose to drown. Thank you for letting me see this through your eyes, my feeling rejection and hitting the wall is nothing compared to what my Precious King is dealing with, and you have pure motives all the time.

As the world throws its distractions at me today, please help me to stay on the road you have laid out for me, that I will not turn to the right or the left, and my eyes will stay on you, the author and perfecter of my faith. How I thank you for giving me your son, and the reminder this morning of how your heart must have felt yet you did it for me and all of human-kind. So today I lay my children in you trustworthy hands, and pray for you to bring them up to be like you. Thank you for taking my sin away as far as the east is from the west.

Sweet King, my desire is to please you today, and bless your heart, and cause you to smile at me. Seeking your face and not only your hand. you are worthy of all my praise...(always in Jesus precious name), your Princess

6 comments:

sammie said...

Darla, I work with youth at my church 7th&8th graders. I'm always on the look for new info for them that relates to their world. I saw Harry Potter last night and I was totally moved in it to memorization of scripture. Figuire that out. Our strength in the most difficult times comes from our knowledge set in stone in our hearts. I think thats what creates people like yourself that overflow with passion for Him in in times of trouble. Or maybe especially in times of trouble. Keep spilling it out sister.

God's girl said...

Can I get an Amen!?
:)
LIfting a prayer for you my sister in Christ!
Much love,
Angela :)

BTW-loved your 50 questions and answers too! neat to get to know you better.

ocean mommy said...

:) You make me want to love Jesus more!

Little Steps Of Faith said...

Beautiful and touching words to our Savior:)
Be Blessed:)

angie

Jesus Girl said...

Great post. keep 'em coming.

Laura said...

What a blessing!
You have encouraged me in my walk with Christ!
Amen!! AMEN!!


Princess L/Princess K

Princess L and her Knight