10 July 2007

Abba and HIS Princess

As I recently read a dear sister and sisters recount beautiful memories with their daddys, I needed to really come to my Heavenly Father, and ask HIM to fill me again in this area. I don't have stories to tell of a biological father that are worth telling, and sometimes the enemy just likes to jab at me there...But knowing to run to the True Father, that is what I did.

Many years of learning and applying the Word, and Grace beyond measure...I learned and still learn what a beautiful thing it is to have a Heavenly Father. HE provides all things for me, is patient beyond words. I am so honored to call HIM Abba, and know how very precious I am to HIM. The enemy would have liked me to disappear in my grief over past experiences, but I am not. I am holding on to the Truth. These are some things about my Abba that makes HIM priceless to me (beyond my salvation being first).

1. No matter what time of night, if a nightmare or thunderstorm shakes me, HE is there warm and safe, and reminding me that HE will sing over me while I sleep...HE is the watchman.

2. If loneliness sets in on me...HE makes me smile when HE reminds me HE would love to have a conversation, and He will snuggle up and fill my home. HE likes the amusement park too!

3. When the world gets to be more than I can stand...HE takes me to HIMself and we dance...did you know that "Turn your eyes upon Jesus" is a waltz? Close your eyes and sing it and dance with Jesus..it truly does make "the things of this world grow strangely dim, in the light of HIS glory and grace".

4. There is nothing to hard for my Abba, HE can absoutely do anything, fix anything, and prepare anything! Right now HE prepares a place for me to live with HIM forever!

5. Once after I had a miscarriage, in the winter, with snow on the ground...my son found a perfect yellow rose (my favorite) growing through the snow, in my yard. I almost dug that out, and thought it was dead...of course it was the most beautiful gift from my Abba. Some friends were at my house when it happened..and we all stared at it with our mouths hanging open. It was an incredible hug!

6. Of course disobedience is a factor at times, and I do know that no one can put a whoopin' on me like my Abba. And I deserved each one...but HE always reconciles, and definitely makes HIS point.

7. The most beautiful smile is HIS...sensing HIS approval, and loving shadow fall around me. Don't forget the kisses...sunsets and rises over the bay or lake or ocean...just the very best!!!

Now that I have showed you how very much this Princess loves her Daddy (Abba)....rejoice with me that HE is still freeing prisoners, and still being a Father to the Fatherless. **I think I have the best Dad!**;)

8 comments:

God's girl said...

Great post! I have the best dad too! :) He is ruler of the universe yet stoops down and lifts me up and you at the same time! He is amazing! I love He cares and acts on every detail of our lives. He is the best Daddy in the whole world! We are blessed to be His daughters!
Hugs,
Angela

Unknown said...

I loved reading this post! It is always so nice to be reminded about the Father's love!

Deborah said...

my dear darling friend, thank you for all your wonderful words you leave for me, I have been so tied up that I have not been able to blog that much and with what is happening at the moment I dont know how much I am going to be doing that either, please keep me in your Prayers and soon I will tell you what is going on. love you soooo very much princess dolla. love always me

ocean mommy said...

This was a great post. Number 3 and 5 touched my heart. I can relate to #5 in a major way! Our Daddy is always there. I appreciate your honesty and testimony!

I'm praying for your daughter as she is in NYC. That is my favorite city, so I have to admit I'm a little jealous! :) There are so many people in Times Square all the time. What a mission field they are in. I'm praying that God will protect them and give them strength to share the good news. I'm also praying that He will show off a little for them! (Kind of like your yellow rose in the middle of the winter!)

Can't wait to hear about her trip!

steph.

Anonymous said...

Darla, I just came over from Especially Heather's blog as a result of your comment on her post concerning Nicole. I also read your comments on Nicole's blog as well. I'm praying for you as you minister to Nicole. I'm asking the Lord to anoint you with His Holy Spirit to allow Nicole to see something really special in you (that would be Jesus).

Jesus Girl said...

Darling Darla, I love you!

Deborah said...

Please copy the tagg and use it I want to see all your precious answers

Deborah said...

http://www.girlytags.com/ Princess go to this site and pick up a princess flash for your self my darling precious princess dolla friend. love always me


Princess L/Princess K

Princess L and her Knight