28 June 2007

Love the Lord your God...

I was stirred this morning while reading a comment from a siesta I haven't met, but already love. That is the power of Jesus and HIS love. Once experienced it will drive you to chase after it with all you have. I know it has changed my life forever!

The Lord reminded me this morning that no matter how things seem or how things turn out, HIS love is flowing and never ending. The task at hand is to continue to strive to love HIM with all my heart and soul and mind. Then and only then can we truly love others with the HIS love.

My husband plays in a band, and gives some time to the Recsue mission (homeless shelter) every month and holds out the gospel, it is always very rewarding. One cold evening, an elderly man, holding everything he owned in a small plastic bag, approached us. I sensed my children eyes staring at him, he spoke. "I would like to thank you for blessing my heart, and now as I have nothing to give you, I would like to bless your heart, this is a song that I sing to the Lord." honestly...the man had the most beautiful voice I have ever heard and sang his heart out in the parking lot. A very loud voice from that very small frail body. His song, "I love you Lord, I love you Lord, with all my heart, with all my soul, with all my strength, and I can do this because you first love me." I did know these words from the Bible, but had never heard them sang that way or with more feeling. The little elderly man turned a corner and I never seen him again, and no one else seemed to know he had ever been there. We drove home about 30 minutes in total silence...and overcome with the love of Jesus and how very ungrateful we have been. Could we have been entertaining an angel? We just don't know who we are holding out Jesus to, and we certainly don't want to miss the opportunity to bless the heart of our Lord.

We are all created in HIS image, we are to love all people, and to be an imitator of God (Eph.5:1). God is good all the time. HIS love is something to die for. Seems like we always try to shy away from the unlovely as they may be dangerous to us. My heart breaks for these people and I pray that our Father will raise up armies of love who have no fear, except only in HIM.

Thanks Jesusgirl for reminding me that I have much work to do, and to stay focused on this journey. Love love love love love...that is the job at hand.

4 comments:

Jesus Girl said...

Loving His way is the only way! He expects us to love with deep sincerity, with a trueness and purity that can only come from Him.

He showed us by example, the woman at the well, the demon possed, the story of the Samaritan, healing and touching the unclean, walking among the commoners, on and on it goes. We must strive to live His example. If God is love, then what else is there?

Thanks Darla, I feel the same connection to you. We will know each other in Heaven if not before, my Princess Siesta!

Unknown said...

Love God and love people! that has been what keeps me sane in the ministry! It truly IS about love!

thouartloosed said...

Thank you for your encouraging words. I was feeling especially down today about my son and the Lord used your comments to pull me back from the pit I fall into over him. And yes, I think he must be my Isaac. I sometimes think that maybe he isn't so much my prodigal as my chosen one. I hope so anyway.

Deborah said...

I think on that scripture many times where its says that we might entertain angles, wonderful that there is friendship before function in the body of Christ. Dear darling princess I pray that you grow from glory to glory in Him. bless you. love always me


Princess L/Princess K

Princess L and her Knight