26 June 2007

Being A Princess who Overcomes

Being a princess is delightful! However, sometimes it has work that I don't always take into consideration. Being an Overcomer is the main one. This causes me to retreat to my Bible to see what God has to say about things, and not what man or the world says about it. It is so easy to follow people that I think are Godly and not stop to ask my Heavenly Father what HE thinks.

My home church has been doing a post Revelation study on Sundays, and this week it was on beoming weary in doing good. It really stirred a few things in me, as outreach is my heart, but sometimes it becomes very tiresome. I thought about the fields being white with harvest, but the workers are few. I thought about general weariness...family, wife and mother responsibilities, job...and then God spoke to my heart, and reminded me that I only have to please HIM, and HE is requiring my attention, my heart to love HIM, and to know and pursue HIM wherever HE goes. My weariness is mostly due to my lack of keeping my eyes fixed on HIM in total submission, and believing that HE can and will pull everything together.

The Lord also reminded me that HE is in control, and although I know that, my head seems to think it knows something and wants to help! that is always when trouble begins.

So again I come before my King, and ask HIM to forgive my unbelief, to strengthen me for what ever task HE has for me today, and to put all the people I love in HIS hands as HE always knows what's best, and HE knows the plans HE has for them as well. (HE always has a good plan) I realized today that no matter how much I know HIM, I will have to know HIM more, and only HE can make my heart a heart that loves HIM completely. HE is the Alpha and Omega , the Great I Am, and everything this little Princess needs for continued joy, and direction. My task is to live for HIM, and to honor and glorify HIM in all I say and do, to remember my need for HIM, and to stay close to the only ONE who always has my best interest at heart.

Jesus, what a beautiful name! What a wonderful friend, and lover of my soul! HE truly does drive me to strive to be an overcomer....Jesus is the reward at the end of this journey...Jesus is coming soon...Let's be ready...and claim our prize!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello and thank you for the Blog Comment! I am not sure how many (or few to be more precise!) people even look at my blog! It is nice to get a comment once in a while, especially one from a Siesta!!
God has recently changed our lives in Him drastically. He has taken us from being inward focused to being outward focused. Serving people is the greatest way we can reach out to them! We have such a great example of that in Jesus. He went out and met peoples physical needs before He ever spoke to their spiritual needs. We live in a small community. Our heart is to touch as many people with random acts of kindness and service. Last week one of the small groups in our church were giving away free sno-cones at a concert in the park...they had the opportunity to talk to a lady who had some questions and she was astounded that a church would GIVE something instead of take take take! God can use even THAT to draw people onto Himself! It is exciting to be a hand or a foot, or a shoulder! Keep doing your part, and ONLY your part and THAT is where God calls us! Not to save the whole world by ourselves...just be who He has called YOU (and ME! Cuz I am speaking to myself here too!) to be!
I can see your heart by your Blog post! We are so similar! So glad to have a Siesta in YOU!

Jesus Girl said...

Hey Darla,

Through you now I've posted on Teri's blog and on and on this could go! You are quite anencourager! what a gift.

Isn't this a blast?

Carol Donnelson said...

Teri:
God has blessed me with the privilege of being a morning person and I love it! I also am a PW (Pastor's Wife) who loves blogging! I am so happy I ran across your blog! My goal in my blog is keeping positive, uplifting character qualities out in front for women. When I deal with women with the issues of anger, I challenge them to have a "Princess Fit" once in a while, but pla---leeze do not run your husband off......you will see if you get some time to read my blog. (I would love a comment from you..most of the comments you see are from our "WOW-Women of Worth Class" I teach every other Sunday. I love my husband, have 2 totally awesome adult kids and 2 grandkids, and of course our church family. I love what you are saying about random acts of kindness....fabulous!!! Thanks for spreading His joy, Siesta!!!

Deborah said...

I loved your blog come see my princesses I love finding woman that have take Ps 45 and live it out as princesses. love always me

thouartloosed said...

I loved what you had to say about your head trying to get in the way. I can relate to the weariness, too. I am finding that it's in the weariness- when I know I can't do it- my head finally gets quiet and let's my heart seek Him.
God BLess,
Kathy


Princess L/Princess K

Princess L and her Knight